Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Clean Your Junk Drawer & Make a Rubber Band Ball

Yes folks, here it is-the post you have all been waiting for...

How to Make a Rubber Band Ball!


Anyway, in following my New Year's Game Plan, I am trying to Get Organized. One of my first projects to tackle this year was cleaning out our junk drawer. Ugh-I do not know how all of that stuff fit in there! I should have taken a picture, but trust me when I say there were no fewer than 75 pens & pencils, piles of scrap paper that added up to reams of paper, at least 25 different chap sticks & lip balms, enough paper clips & safety pins to start a store, a few rolls of dimes (Seriously? Seriously.), hair accessories galore, and lots, lots more. Another thing in that junk drawer was rubber bands. I always can use rubber bands, but it isn't very useful when they are strewn about the drawer caught up on everything in there. So, rubber band ball!

1. Start with a pile of rubber bands. (Ignore dog hair throughout my pile.)


2. Crumple up first band. Admire ridiculously dry hands.


3. Wrap the second band around the first as many times as you need to. 
4. Wrap the third band around as many times as you need to, while trying to make/keep a ball shape. 
5. Keep on going this way until you have a rubber band ball. 


6. Stop bouncing it around the kitchen, and put it away before the kids see you!

The only problem with this is that it really is a fun bouncy ball, and the kids keep swiping it...

Gotta bounce...
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Drop me a note to say hello! I jump for joy when you leave me nice comments!