Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blog Updating

So, I decided if I am going to do this blog thing, I should try to do it right. Clearly, I have no idea what I am doing! Bear with me though, I might learn!
I added an 'About' page on the top of the blog. (Although I am not really the kind of gal to share too much about me in the 'About Me' section.) I kind of like the pages thing-I think I am going to add more.

I added the labels thing, and then deleted.  I had a million of labels with one post only. Do you like the labels listing or not?

I tried the green background-yikes! Went back to natural. 

I gotta work on the header, I know. Advice here?

What do you think? Give me some good blog advice, please! And, if you have a blog, where do you find your best blog tips?

I scored you some pics here, since it is all blog questions & info and that is kind of totally boring, picture wise. Thanks for the read and for maybe some advice!





1 comment:

  1. Hey Vanessa,

    I like your "About Me" page. I was thinking that if your an idea girl, why not do a regular post about those Ideas? Just a thought.

    The thing I do like about the labels thing, is that a newcomer can quickly get a glance at what you're about, even if there's only one post. You can also select only those labels most important to you and de-select the ones that are just there for your own use to avoid having a huge unwieldy list.

    I notice from your archives that you post on average 6 or 7 times per month. Consistency is really important for bloggers I think and you're doing a good job of that. I don't know if you always post on the same days but that is a good thing to try, so that your readers come to expect a post on a certain day of the week and look forward to it. Also consistency is a really helpful organizational tool. If you set a posting day or two every week, then you're more likely to get it done.

    That's my two cents right now... Your blog is completely your creation. Have fun with it!

    xx

    Michele

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Drop me a note to say hello! I jump for joy when you leave me nice comments!