Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sauteed Asparagus

As New England gardeners know, early spring brings alot of gardening work, but doesn't deliver much in the immediate benefit department. Asparagus is such a welcome exception! We have been doing lots of work in our vegetable gardens and in our flower garden, but don't have alot to show for our work yet.
BUT, here is our first harvest from our 2011 garden. Asparagus!
Asparagus is very easy to saute. Put your olive oil, butter, or non-stick spray in your plan, add asparagus, cover and heat medium-lowish for 7ish minutes. Mid way through I add salt and pepper, and just before it is finished I add lemon juice. Perfection!

2 comments:

  1. That is a yummy looking first crop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love asparagus. I can't believe you have it in your garden. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Drop me a note to say hello! I jump for joy when you leave me nice comments!