Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easy Wheat Dog Biscuit Recipe


I know I said Wednesdays were going to be recipe days-still working on that schedule! For today (Wednesday) we do have a recipe-for some of our four legged friends! Very easy and inexpensive whole wheat dog biscuits. I am not sure where this recipe originally came from-my mom and I have been making these biscuits for many years.

Whole Wheat Dog Biscuits

4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. wheat germ (if I don't have this, I use wheat bran or any other flour)
1/4 c. corn meal
1/3 c. oil
1 1/2 c. water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients. Add water and oil. Knead dough until mixed well. Roll to 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters. Dogs like whatever shapes you like! Bake for 30 min or until edges brown. 

In Spring, Winter, & Fall I store these at room temp. In Summer, I store in the freezer, because if they aren't used right away they can spoil in humid weather. 

Makes however many you want, depending on the size of the biscuit!

Dozer felt the need to color one with food coloring-that's what we have here...
Let them cool and share with a friend...


PS These can also make a great gift for anyone who loves their pet. Just package them up really sweet, and include the recipe.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your site. My husband and I brew beer and have about 12 lbs of grains to dispose of after each brew. So I make homemade bread and lots of dog cookies. I use peanut butter in mine, and we humans eat more of them than the dog does. They are tasty and healthy. You have some interesting ideas here as well.
    Jeanne Spain (facebook) jeanne.brent@facebook.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Drop me a note to say hello! I jump for joy when you leave me nice comments!