Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Peeps Easter Wreath Tutorial



Here's the scoop on this super fun and easy Easter Peeps Wreath! First things first, buy extra Peeps to eat, especially if the little ones are around and helping! Also, read the whole tutorial first, as you may want to tie your ribbon on first, which I did not do.

I have been checking out all the great Easter project links at Tatertots and Jello. They are all so pretty! I saw this really sweet Easter Topiary linked from A Pumpkin and A Princess. I love it, and figured that it is the perfect easy festive Easter wreath.

What you need;

1. Peeps ( I used 4 packs of 5 for a 8 1/2 inch diameter wreath.)
2. Glue Gun
3. Exacto knife or scissors
4. Cardboard
5. Yellow paper (or yellow paint)
6. Ribbon for hanging
7. Embellishments if desired

What to do;

1. Cut a cardboard wreath form. I used 2 different sized pots and made a wreath form approximately 1 inch wide, 8.5 inches total diameter. I cut mine with an exacto knife, on top of another cardboard box. I don't love to use the cutting knives on my self healing mats, because I don't think the mats really 'heal' from exacto knife cuts!

 2. Trace the wreath shape onto yellow paper, and cut out the yellow paper. Or, if you are patient, paint your cardboard form yellow. Actually, Peeps come in many colors, so you could use any color you want! (Not that you can't anyway-you are the artist!)






3. Glue your yellow paper onto the cardboard form and smooth wrinkles.







4. Keep your hands OFF the Peeps!







5. Fire up your glue gun with it's fancy tray for drips.







6. DO NOT take apart the Peeps. Glue onto your wreath form and gently bend your Peeps to fit onto the form. Don't be shy with your glue.






7. Repeat until your wreath is filled. As mentioned, I used 4 packs of 5 Peeps to make this wreath. I did however, have to cut a deal with Squirrel & Dozer to give them each a Peep. So, 20 Peeps minus 2 Peeps=18 Peeps total for this. I got the Peeps at our local Hannford. A steal at $1.19 for 10 Peeps!





8. Tie a ribbon on for hanging. Not sure if it would be better to tie the ribbon on first, and then glue Peeps over it. I don't love how the ribbon pulls up on some of the Peeps. Let me know if you try it with the ribbon first.


Have fun! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Finally! Something sensible to do with Peeps! Because I'm sure not going to eat those nasty things. That is super cute. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! My kids would love this. We may have to make one together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wreath, you did a fantastic job! I made a peep wreath using the bunnies this time. They're so fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very sweet and lovely against the purple door too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is adorable! It looks easy enough even for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Drop me a note to say hello! I jump for joy when you leave me nice comments!