Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dance Party for Kids!

We recently held a Dance Party for Squirrel's birthday. We had so much fun! We played Freeze Dance, Pin the Jewelery on the Dancer, and Wii Dance. We also decorated t-shirts. The scenes that the kids created around the dancer on their t-shirts were great, many complete with disco balls and lights! Here are some pictures from our fun afternoon.

First up, our t-shirts. I am proud, because I wanted to do these, then time ran out (big surprise there), but I started them at 9 pm the night before the party and finished them by midnight. I used freezer paper stenciling. These were hanging on a kids' level clothesline for each child to pick one, along with a disco ball necklace and official Mardi Gras beads (saved from trips to Mardi Gras in 2000 & 2001).


Next, some of our decorations. I had something in mind, but didn't know how I was going to create the look. Luckily, I found these albums the day before we decorated! We hung albums, beads, and mini disco balls.


My friend Theresa will be opening an etsy shop soon with lots of printables. She made this awesome DANCE banner, the invites, and cupcake toppers.


 My friend Matt was in charge of streamers and was quite a pro at this. We made a chandelier out of my already very attractive (bleh!) kitchen lighting.


Cupcake tree with the beautiful toppers from Theresa. They were so cute, even though my printer ink is less than mediocre!


Pin the Jewelery on the Dancer, again with Mardi Gras beads. This was so fun!


A picture of one of the dozen roses that Squirrel got from some very good friends. Isn't she a lucky little girl to get a dozen roses for her birthday?!


The train case that I decoupaged for Squirrel that we filled with blank books and supplies to make an art kit.


More to come about our celebrations this week. Hope your week shaping up just great!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a blast! What a fun party theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations, The t-shirts and train case are awesome. What great re-purposing of Mardi Gras beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coolest party ever-great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Drop me a note to say hello! I jump for joy when you leave me nice comments!