Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Easy Toffee Crunch

Here is an easy and delicious recipe that is just right for gift giving. The only problem with the recipe is that it is totally addictive and if any stays in your house, you should be wearing elastic waistband pants, I am just saying... Here is the recipe and some pix sprinkled in-sorry for the lack of consistency!

Ingredients:
Saltines
2 Sticks Butter (no substitutes)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2-2 cups Choc Chips

Game Plan:
Preheat oven to 350. 
Cover cookie sheet with tin foil, lightly grease.
Lay saltines in a single layer on cookie sheet. (One column +/- works for one cookie sheet.)


Cook butter  and brown sugar over med heat until melted/mixed. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook (soft boil) for 4 minutes more.
Pour this mixture over the saltines. Spread evenly.
Cook saltines with mixture for 5 minutes.
Remove from oven. Spread chocolate chips evenly.
Wait about 5 minutes. The chips will begin to melt, and you can spread them with a spatula. Now is the time to sprinkle with sprinkles or nuts or some goodies if you want.


Wait for at least an hour. Everything will harden. Notice how almost half of mine is gone before I even get to break it apart into pieces?! I swear, it wasn't only me!


Break apart in random sized pieces. Try not to eat the whole thing.


Wrap up whatever is still left and share with friends!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, that looks good! It's too bad I just got back from the food store or I would have bought the supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa, This is almost the same exact recipe we usually make every year. We didn't this year though... can you believe it, we were out of chocolate chips when we went to make them!! I like to add some chopped walnuts to the top before the chips harden. Soooo yummy! Happy holidays! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vanessa! I saw your super sweet comment and I came over to check out your blog. I saw this recipe from The Pioneer Womand and we labeled it Christmas Crack all December long. I made it three different times. people couldn't believe it!! Anyhow, Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet and encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Drop me a note to say hello! I jump for joy when you leave me nice comments!