Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Upcycled Book Wreath

I am in the handmade holiday spirit these days. Here is a gift that that I just finished during an evening of TV watching. Aren't those the best kind of projects? Be forewarned, it may be necessary to take a few tylenol before bed to ease the throbbing of the hot glue gun burns. Or maybe that is just me, due to TV watching when I should have been watching the hot glue.
Anyway, if you google book page wreath, you will find many pictures of beautiful projects to inspire you. Here is the tutorial from Living with Lindsay I used as a guideline. I did actually fold the papers, and I varied the heights of the book pages by ripping some of my accordions to make them shorter. I like the look of the varying heights. Highly recommend this project-really fun!

PS I just found this project at Under the Table and Dreaming too. I have to try this one next-isn't it beautiful?!


PPS I swear this looks better in person. Not sure about that weird shadowy ring in the center.

4 comments:

  1. Neat! I love that link you provided too! Gosh, I'd love to make one of those. I would have a really hard time cutting into a book though! I know, silly, but I would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, V!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty Vanessa! i agree with amy but i have an old phone book that's got about a million pages just raring to be used. and so, problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out super cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Drop me a note to say hello! I jump for joy when you leave me nice comments!