Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Clutch Swap

So, I jumped right in.

A month or so ago, I signed up for the Super Style Bag Swap through Sew Mama Sew. It is the first swap I have ever participated in, and I was nervous (and wondering why the heck did I sign up for this?!). But, I am glad that I did it. On tap for next week are the awesome clutch bags (that's right, plural-am I lucky or what?) that I received from my swap partner. For today, here is a look at the clutch that I made for my swap partner. I know that she has received it already, so I can show you all. It is a very simple style, inspired by this really awesome clutch at Made By Lex. I seriously love all of her designs.

So, here is the furry baby...

The clutch is actually quite big-I didn't measure before sending her to her new home, but more than a foot wide, and maybe 9 inches or so high. The fabric is the fake fur stuff-not really a pleasure to work with, but fun to see the end results!

Here is the lining fabric-a yard sale special. I love this fabric-I only have a small strip left-boo hoo! That's the problem with yard sales and rescued goods! OK, this is all you are getting-the image keeps coming in sideways-I've had three strikes and that is it for now. You can still see the awesome text and subway ticket images-very cool.

On a side note, I hate it when I go to use super glue, and it is all dried up-darn!



5 comments:

  1. That lining fabric is super! I'd be hard pressed to use it. I would hoard and what good is that? I am trying to stop doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo a furry clutch! i've never seen a furry clutch before! i'd be using as a pillow if it were mine. the lining IS lovely, it looks like papier-maché!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Drop me a note to say hello! I jump for joy when you leave me nice comments!