Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Tastes of Nature






On a recent walk at our family camp, we visited an apple tree that my grandfather had planted many years ago. There were many apples ripe for the picking, and a few branches perfect for climbing. Even the dog was eating as many apples as she could find! We have been savoring every moment of fall. (That, by the way is one of my many excuses I have for not doing much in the sewing department lately!) Some wonderful books to pair with your apple adventures are... The classic, Ten Apples Up On Top, by Dr. Seuss, and The Apple Pie Tree, by Zoe Hall. Happy Picking!

1 comment:

  1. I loved climbing trees when I was little. I would have loved it even more, I'm sure, if they'd been apple trees. Lovely photos and thanks for the book suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Drop me a note to say hello! I jump for joy when you leave me nice comments!